Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Insomnia has got me pretty loopy this morning!

I haven't slept yet in the past 24 hours and for those of you that know me and/or read my blog, you know that this is a regular occurrence in Bex World. There are actually days that go by without me getting sleep which leads to me trying to find new and interesting ways to waste time. This blog page was actually born from my complete inability to sleep. See, here's how it is; insomnia is lonely as hell!! Your wide awake at 4 AM and guess what, unless your IM pal is in Kyrgyzstan  your screwed for chit chat! Internet is a wonderful thing with vast amounts of knowledge available in an instant however, even someone with my curiosity and ability to retain an incredible amount of information eventually will either get bored or draw a complete blank on what to investigate next. I once spent an entire 12 hours researching the name Ptolemy throughout history because I caught 10 seconds of some gibberish on the Science Channel about Ptolemy's Theorem and had until then only associated the name with ancient Egypt. 12 hours of my life, I lost 12 hours of my life to that blurb of curiosity that will never, ever, ever, EVER be useful at any point in any conversation that I could possibly have!

Watching television almost never works for me. No matter how many times I've watched a movie or how disinterested I could be in a show about ice fishing, there's ALWAYS something that will catch and hold my attention without fail! I will watch 18 hours of that survival show because God in Heaven knows I may fall into the icy wilds of Estonia and need to know how to survive with a hubcap, dental floss and a broken 8 track player!!!! Fuck you, Macguyver I watched that marathon of Dual Survival and the barefooted hippy bastard will save my life someday!!

Side note here: I want to see a more realistic survival show!! I do NOT need to know how to survive face eating sloths in Madagascar! I need to know important stuff like how to survive that creepy guy at the bar that looks like he's 2 seconds away from asking me if this rag smells like chloroform, I need to know how to survive in Central NY in winter when every pair of shoes that I own has open toes, I need to know how to survive ObamaCare!! C'mon smartass, barefoot hippy guy, you and GI Joe need to wonder twin powers activate and find me some REAL survival knowledge when I can't sleep for 2 damn days!!

And speaking of useless shit on television at 5 AM, how is it some jackass created an infomercial for DVD's called "Piano For Quitters" and I failed miserably at marketing this blog?? That defies all odds! I'm finding the piano guy and punching him in the balls.

Reading is no better than television. Went to the library yesterday(yesterday? Today? Wtf day is it?!?) to get some new reads and discovered that I physically need someone there to take my book away from me or I will stay up and read the whole damn book. It wouldn't be so bad except that it's book 3 in a 4 book series and I have to wait for book 4 to come into the library so now I'm stuck in a fiction limbo and my mind is racing down every possible scenario for book 4 and I CAN'T SLEEP!!!

Something interesting about my sleep patterns came to my attention, ironically on the day that I stopped sleeping(Irony, you bastard!). *Warning* advanced personal Bex knowledge comes next! I do not sleep well next to another human being unless I am completely and I mean COMPLETELY passed out drunk. And I mean to the point where you could hit me in the face with a pillow case full of rocks and I wouldn't flinch in my sleep. I do NOT like sharing my space, not even when I'm asleep evidently. I will kick the person next to me mercilessly, I will toss and turn, punch, start yelling in my sleep. But here's my natural defense against someone sleeping next to me that no one has ever escaped, I grind my teeth in my sleep. Not normal teeth grinding, I mean wake that person out of a dead ass sleep teeth grinding. If you go back into the vast Chaos And Candy archives from a year ago there was a wonderful blog about a fabulous dentist that fixed my tooth after an unfortunate teeth grinding incident!

That's not any new information to me, I already knew all of that. What I did not know is that there has been one guy that has managed to escape all of that behavior. Not one time have I done any of it while coexisting the same sleeping surface. Which becomes really god damned funny considering that he drives me bat shit crazy when I'm awake and it's been the second most tumultuous relationship that I've ever witnessed let alone been a half of. So I guess the moral of the story is to stay asleep and it'll all work out! I've been awake now for 30 hours so just about any kind of circular thinking justification makes complete sense to me at this point. I will read this later and question why someone didn't shut me up but considering I'm the only one here, I guess sleep deprived babble is acceptable this one time lol.

Okay, seriously Readers, my A.D.D. is sabotaging me pretty hard now and I can not concentrate on you, the news, having coffee and breathing all at the same time!

Till Next TZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

BEX THE GREAT AND SLEEPY 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thx you!!! Always glad to get a giggle out of someone besides myself LOL :)

BEX