Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Friday, February 25, 2011

Best Buy Geek Squad in Clay NY

Last weekend I finally went out and bought my new laptop. Decided to go with another HP instead of getting a Macbook like I originally wanted. I figured my last HP lasted 6 years and I couldn't beat the deal on it. Went through Best Buy at Carousel Center (Our massive monument mecca of mass consumerism for all those that don't dwell in the Central New York Region) I had pretty decent service, not outstanding but not terrible. If you go there ask for Howie, he's a pretty cool cat. I spent 24 hours trying to get my iTunes library from my old HP to the new one before finally giving up and calling Geek Squad. By then I had attempted an external hard drive, cd's, etc. And all of it had just led to my inevitable breakdown in sanity. Going against my instinct, I called the Best Buy in Clay NY because it is nearest in distance to me instead of the one in Carousel Center where I purchased the laptop. I dropped off both laptops at 11:56 AM on Sunday. Paid $158.56 after being told on the telephone by Chris that this particular data transfer would be $100. Fine, whatev as long as you transfer my 15.52 GB's of iTunes I really don't care just make it freaking work! Called Sunday evening before they closed, was told "Sure should be done tomorrow morning!". Called Monday morning "I'm sorry we haven't even started it yet but it is next on our list." ??????? Wait, last night it was almost done and now it hasn't been started?? Now I'm getting angry. Tuesday I call and they say it's done. At 11:30 I arrived to pick it up. Against my instinct (AGAIN) I just took it home. Get all the way back home, get settled open up the new laptop and try to open my iTunes library. There's no music. In fact there isn't 1 Gb of music on the new laptop. I went from zero to nuclear pissed off in no time at all, in about the same time it took me to get that pissed I was already on the phone with the Store Manger Shawn. He said to bring everything back and now I'm even more pissed because that's a 10 minute trip so now we are rocking 40 minutes of drive time for 2 separate trips back and forth to this place, especially since they've had the damn laptops for 2 days! I arrive at what we shall ever forward refer to as the realm of the life force sucking demon store manager Shawn of Best Buy in Clay NY on Route 31. Now Faithful Readers, I have in the past cautioned you about choosing your words carefully as they may influence another person to take some sort of negative action. Having reminded you of this, I am also compelled to say that the following 2 sentences are not meant for anyone person to take seriously. Life force sucking demon store manager Shawn of Best Buy on route 31 in Clay, NY should be put into the hell of the upside down death from Big Trouble in Little China, Shawn should be dropped into a well with some manly cross dresser standing over the top screaming down "IT'S PUTS THE LOTION ON IT'S SKIN OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!!" Shawn should be sent to Shepherd Book's "Special Hell". That fake, no social skill having, unintelligent, incompetent, passive/aggressive, flaccid, impotent, small minded, ignorant, unhappy little balding wretched excuse for a male should be beaten with an Emily Post book of Manners and etiquette! Avenge me, Faithful Readers, avenge 50 hours of my life that this little goblin and his minions stole out of my life! My son B went with me this time to insure that no one got hurt and/or insure my credit card got to Dave to bail me out. He only had to stop me one time from going over the counter at the putrid freak, right after Shawn decided it would be a good idea to stand in front of me and say some smart ass remark about rude customers. On with the story. So I get in there and putrid freak, SHawn is at the front door waiting for me, after sitting watching them mess with the 2 laptops for 30 minutes the irritating little fuck laughs and says "Oh we just forgot to complete the last 2 steps and move it from the external hard drive to the new laptop." Your laughing because your Geek Squad is full of incompetents that can't follow a list of directions, wtf?? I told him straight out, "I want my money back. This is bullshit! 2 days You guys had these laptops, 2 damn days, today I get home and have to come all the way back out here because you didn't do the job I paid $158 for and now after a half hour you stand in front of me laughing because the idiots didn't finish the job and sent the product home with a customer?" He looked me right in the eye and said "You have no reason to be this pissed off, I said we'd fix it and I'll refund you $42, that's half the labor you paid. Go home while we fix this." I said "hell no, last time I went home, you didn't do the job, I'm sitting right here." 45 minutes later, the cocky little flea walks up, turns the new laptop to me and says "See all fixed." Smirking so much I had to put my hand in my pocket to keep from bitch slapping him because I looked down and there were 4 GB's in the iTunes, mine has 15.52 remember? "So what did you do with the other 11 GB's?" I asked him. I turned on my old laptop to show him the music library in iTunes, it was empty. After another hour, they finally found all the music and replaced it on the new laptop however my old laptop is still empty. I'm freaking out now. I called the 1-800 customer complaint line somehow got transferred to their Geek Squad, told the dude what was going on and he attempted for 35 minutes to connect me Customer Relations, at last he comes back on the line to tell me that Customer Relations will not accept my call because I'm in the Store and there is a manager present. Shawn, the monumental mistake in Darwin's Theory of Evolution tells me to take my old laptop and go home, the files will continue to transfer back to the iTunes library when I plug it in and turn it on. I walked out of that store telling everyone I saw "Do not shop at this Best Buy in Clay NY, Don't go to their Geek Squad they'll erase your files, etc."

I am not an idiot. Those files did not and were not going to magically transfer as soon as I plugged the old laptop back in, c'mon be serious. However in the time it took me to watch a Youtube video I had all the files transferred back to their original position in iTunes. Hey Geek Squad, if your so smart how come you didn't realize to do a System Restore? Files were right back where they belonged, working just fine. The best line out of Shawn the impetuous, balding little twat was this "No I don't believe it was an act of God that erased your old music files off of your previous laptop, I don't believe in God because if he existed customers like you wouldn't be here." I'm not lying Faithful Readers, he stood in front of me and said those exact words. Dave found me a number for Best Buys Corporate office of Public Relations and a polite woman named Erin listened to my full story, took all my information again and promised to have Customer Relations contact me in 24 hours or less. Not one word from Best Buy since and that was Tuesday.

I do not think that I will voluntarily step into another Best Buy again ever and I humbly request that you boycott this business also as it is nothing but a big business bent on nothing less than maximum profit and minimal customer satisfaction.

I was treated appallingly by not only a Best Buy manager but by their Customer Relations Representatives and their Public Relations woman Erin who blatantly lied to me. Not to mention Matt and Chris from the Clay, Route 31 store who according to the midget Shawn were responsible in the first place for not completing their job on a simple data transfer.

Stay away from Best Buy in Clay, NY Route 31 as it is one of the 7 levels of Hell and Shawn will gladly, with an annoyingly obnoxious smirk push you over one of those edges of that level.

Till next time, Faithful Readers,
BEX

No comments: