Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bex Tattoo's Story

A Reader requested that I explain the stories and meanings of my Tat's. Let me begin by saying that it pumped my ego to get a request by someone other than my roommate, Mom or Dad, LOL! Each one of my tattoo's has come into being from adversity. After surviving a particularly trying time in my life, I have gotten a tattoo to remind myself that I survived, sometimes to remind myself that I am still me, sometimes a tat will begin as one thing and end up meaning something different when I am finished. I will explain all of the meanings (to me) for each one and some of the stories but not all the stories because some are immensely personal in a nature that doesn't seem publicly appropriate, I know that you will understand. 

"Slide" Back of my neck. 
I usually doze off during the tattoo process, the sound of the tat gun makes me sleepy for some weird reason. Not this particular tat. It was the longest 10 freaking minutes of my life and yes dear reader, I cried! Only 1 person in 8 years has ever guessed the origin of this one without me explaining it first. "Slide" is from Fight Club, a book and movie very close to my heart for multiple reasons. I got "Slide" to remind myself to let all the bullshit, all the materialistic, the impossible expectations, all of the Societal rules, all of it, to just slide off my back and remain true to myself at all times.

Back of my neck
"Theater Masks" 
My first tattoo. My oldest son, B, was born. I know it seems a bit cryptic to get a tattoo such as this because a child was born, let me attempt to explain before you pass judgement. It was funny because I discovered I was pregnant completely on accident at a Metallica/Danzig/Suicidal Tendencies concert, all because I drank 2 beers and promptly threw up and my BFF made a joke about me being pregnant because I have the alcohol tolerance of a sailor. It was a good thing in the sense that I was in a "Lost Soul" phase of life, doing allot of things that I shouldn't have been doing, fucking up the things that were important, then came this little life that suddenly I would be responsible for! It was tragic in that I was not prepared for any of it and I was alone, scared, uncertain. 

Damn, this is allot harder than I thought it would be. I'm only 2 into it and already emotionally exhausted and tearing up.
Back right Theater Masks 1st tattoo
 My forearms. 13, Shamrock and Forever Broken.
13 is my lucky number. I was born at 5:13pm and ever since when it comes to something lucky happening to me it always involves a 13 in some form. My Shamrock is for my pure Irish luck, Thank You "Murphy"!
Forever Broken hearts. I already wrote a blog about these. And to be honest, recent events that have brought the past full circle to me.....well, let's just say that it's all too fresh in my mind and heart to speak about right at this moment in my life. Read the past blog if your so inclined.
Outside Forearms




Aahh, my chest. 

The 2 Nautical Stars are a constant reminder that I am ROCKSTAR! No, seriously. Those 2 big Star's represent all that I feel is Disco, Rockstar, Fabulous about being me. 
Now the one in the center of my chest is a bit more dark. Ace of Spades, 8 ball, Dice. Life is essentially a game of chance, a good 75% of it is luck. Hence why there are flames around the dice, you figure it out. Also the one of the few tat's that I have that isn't symmetric. 
Chest piece (unfinished)
Outside right bicep
Both of my arms are essentially the same except for the characters on top. The left means Chaos and the right means Rage. Dragon's are a symbol of protection. Not going in to detail on this one. Essentially, I had a family member that was in DEEP with drugs and decided to entwine their life with mine so completely that it affected me in nightmarish ways and I had no control of my life at all. My absolute, unadulterated rage that I felt in the midst of this complete chaos finally made me snap in a very physical and violent way (I choked then proceeded to punch said person in the mouth). The characters remind me of that pain and the dragon's protect me from letting myself into situations like that again. It's a simple progression down my arm that serves as a reminder. Negativity at it's worse (Characters) Talismans protection (Dragon's) Positive endings (Pink Stars)
Outside left bicep




LOL, didn't realize this picture was upside down! 2nd Tattoo. A Christmas present from my brother Ryan. My tiny little tribal fairy. Was going through a whole new level of Hell at the time. My marriage was disintegrating before my eyes and it wasn't until later that I found out the why of it all, my youngest son was born premature by almost 2 months, and the emotional terrorism that I was allowing to be exacted upon myself was coming to an unexplainable and almost devastating end. But in the middle of it, Ryan bought me my tiny, tribal fairy and she has listened to me through it all :)
Inside left forearm
I actually have this design on the inside of both wrists. They are tribal wings with a little blue orb in the center to signify the cool, calm, blue center of my being surrounded by my personality's ability to fly. I designed it myself and had them placed on my wrists because when I was a teenager I put both arms threw a window. The scarring looked like dark scratches thank God but for some reason or another, everyone always assumed it was a suicide attempt. Let me assure you, it was not. But I got tired of the questions, I designed the image and covered the scars forever!
Inside left wrist






I got the tribal fairy on the inside of my right forearm directly after I got the outsides of my biceps finished so that I'd have a second fairy to listen to me and as a symbol that all that craziness was completely done and over with. She is my victory fairy! Originally she was a full colored fairy that I found on the flash in a tattoo shop in Orlando. The image didn't suit me, so I spoke with the artist and he transformed it to a black tribal for me!
Inside right forearm
Inside forearms and wrists


On the inside of my left bicep is SPQR. Senatus PopulusQue Romanus. The Senate and People of Rome. It's been used on many things in Roman culture, hell it's even on manhole covers! It was also tattooed on the arm of soldiers in the Roman Legion, which is why I got it. Above all else I am a soldier.

On the inside of my right bicep is my father's initials, J.H.V.M because my Dad is my best friend. No matter where I go he's always with me.
Inside bicep's
Yes I REALLY have Pink hair
"Chaos and Candy" Bex Universe is always chaotic, sometimes more, sometimes less but you can't have the sweet without the sour. Chaos makes me appreciate the Candy sweetness of living my life.
Outside forearms



My Key


I wear an antique skeleton key around my neck. It is the key to my heart and my next tattoo. 
I hope that you enjoyed reading this one because for me it was extremely emotional, hopefully you got the answer's you were seeking my requesting reader or at least a bit more insight into me as a person. If by chance you did not receive the answer you were looking for than I do apologize but guarantee that if you ask me directly I will in fact answer. 

Till Next Time Faithful Readers,

BEX




2 comments:

Kimberly Sumner-Zak said...

Just when I think you havent touched my soul enough, you post this.
Thanks Bex.

Unknown said...

Thank you and glad you liked and appreciated it! :)

<3 BEX