Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Freeflys, Women's Freebies, b Savings, freebie websites in general (a Cheerier blog)

For the most part I'm pretty savvy about internet scams. I know you can't win an iPad for just sharing a picture on Facebook and all that jazz. But even I sometimes fail! A friend suggested I check out the Facebook page Freeflys. So I checked out the website and attempted to join because it looked legit. First of all, the website wouldn't accept my address as valid and it took 3 weeks emailing back and forth with their webmaster to get it straight. At one point the webmaster quite honestly said to me "It's not a valid address, it doesn't exist according to the USPS!" to which I replied "Fucking idiot, how have I lived here for almost 3 years and receive mail here every day of the week if it isn't a valid fucking address????" Eventually it all got cleared up.

From Freeflys I was introduced to Women's Freebies, b savings and a couple others. I signed up for quite a few freebie samples and even was surprised to find out allot of companies offer full size samples, pretty cool huh?

Then I got an ugly wake up call to reality. My first sample was of Kate Spade perfume. Suffice to say, you get bigger perfume samples from magazines. I'm not kidding, it was a cardboard swab of perfume no bigger than a matchbook!!!

Okay, well I thought maybe it's a fluke. It took over 6 weeks for that sample to arrive even though I had been requesting freebies for a month steady. 4 weeks after the perfume debacle, yesterday to be exact. The mailman rang the bell and handed me two packages, 1 tiny and 1 really good size. About the size of a decent paperback. I was so super excited!!! Oooooohhhh, is it nail polish, my burt's bees lip glosses, lotion, what treasures could this decent size box be hiding??? Could hardly contain my glee as I ripped open this wonderful box!!!

A FULL SIZE SAMPLE!!!

Of maxi pads.

Fucking Maxi Pads! Seriously, really!?!

I have since deleted all those stupid websites.

LOL!!

Till Next Time, Faithful Readers,

BEX, nothing in this life is free readers!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The blog and data in this, is very good and informative also.
Free Stuff

Unknown said...

I thank you very much for the compliment, Sheamus Warior!! I apologize for the time it has taken me to reply, generally I'm on the spot but I have had internet issues! So thanx again and I hope you will become a Chaos And Candy "Faithful Reader" :)

BEX!!!

Anonymous said...

Woman freebies claims I have won a car. Of course they want TTL before hand. Class they have submitted a letter of guarantee to my state..
Asked for copy but got something generic without my name. Just wanted to see what they would send when I asked for specific proof but nothing yet & sure I will never get anything.

Unknown said...

Can't promote this blog enough to keep people from signing up for these bogus freebie sites! Thx for your comment and feedback!!!

Anonymous said...

I have also been told that I have won something by womenfreebies.com but they say I must make the pymnt to cover the sales tax so I'm pretty sure that its a scam

Unknown said...

Me too ladies. I won the THIRD grand prize of $500,000 a car, a Kitchenaid muxer and 2 pair of Nike shoes. And all I had to do was send 'Mary Mayers' a 'friend'? on FB $50! I sure hope nobody is falling for this!