Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Friday, April 19, 2013

We have become our parents and not in a good way!

I periodically kind of misplace my muse and end up not writing for a couple of months and Faithful Readers, I'm not going to apologize as I usually do because I'm pretty certain that you understand!! I have missed this time together and once again promise that I will try harder!!

Fast update: I was in the running for a Bi-line of my own and unfortunately did not get it, I came in second. However, I will still continue to write for them and on a steadier schedule than I have been. Because of that and they even considered me, I know that I am on their radar and I'm calling it a major win!! I'll get there when the time is right, I have faith!

So, yeah, this among a couple of other things got me down for a minute. No worries though, I'm back to normal punktacular, fabulousity!!! But it did put me in total slacker mode there for a minute, which does have it's plus sides but I am an active person so I don't generally like spending that much time inside my own head. It can be a deeply disturbing place at times, let's face it I have a tendency to over analyze EVERYTHING!! And given unlimited time inside my own head, I will successfully drive myself batty over the tiniest of things. The plus side of this introspective was that I sat and gave serious thought to a couple of things that kind of annoy me.

We have successfully turned into our parents as a generation, for the most part. I'm 38 years old, I grew up in the 80's and 90's. I had a jean jacket with a Pink Floyd back patch, the front was covered with every pin I could find for every metal/thrash band I loved, I wore Adidas Hi-tops, torn jeans, tye dye t-shirts and bleached the ever livin piss out of my jet black hair in the 90's, I had 4 Swatch watches on one arm, jelly bracelets up to my elbow on the other, huge hair, leggings and one shoulder NEON shirts in the 80's. My parent's constantly were on my ass about how I dressed, no matter what decade! But it was worse when I was in high school and going through my Metal, Punk, Skater look with that jean jacket, torn jeans, hi-tops all scuffed too hell and Manic Panic streaks in my hair! My dad would constantly tell me that even though it wasn't fair, people would look at how I presented myself dressing that way and judge me. "Dress like a slacker punk and people will assume you are a slacker punk! Bec, your too smart for that!" my dad would say every day before school.

One day I got curious and I asked my Gram about my dad when he was going to high school. Asked her straight out what she thought about how he dressed in school. My gram went on a rant for an hour, no joke. She hated his tight dungarees with the ridiculous flared legs, the madras shirts, the platform boots, Gram said it was an ongoing fight every single day about what he chose to wear.

Every generation is going to hate what the newer generation is wearing, doing, their music, everything. It's inevitable.

I personally have never gotten on my boys too much or often about how they choose to dress. C'mon, I have neon pink hair and dress in what I think looks good, so who am I to suppress their individuality and expression? Although we do have a rule in this house that if you look straight up fucktarded in that outfit your not getting out the door! B checks me before I leave and I check him and Ian, if something doesn't look right, back to the closet you go!!

Everyone has the right to their opinion, my point is this: Your parent's didn't like everything you wore growing up, remember that the next time you see some kid sportin' low hanging jeans, a t-shirt 12 times too big and sideways flat brim baseball cap. You don't like it, don't fucking wear it, simple as that. Stop being so damn judgmental about how the youth of today is dressing, the next time you see some kid on a skateboard with baggy ass jeans hangin' low, a white wife beater and a DC cap on sideways and you want to be all snotty and high and mighty about it I want you to stop and think of 2 things 1) WTF did you look like in your yearbook??? 2) You have a friend that is 38 with PINK HAIR!!!!  I have personally been out different places with allot of you, I've seen how defensive you all can get the second someone looks at me snotty about my hair, I'm sure that kid with the jeans feels the same damn way when you look at him snotty!!! And if stopping and thinking about those 2 points don't stop you from being a judgmental fucktwat, I want you to think of this instead "You sound like YOUR Dad/Mother!" don't know about you but nothing stops me in my tracks faster than sounding like my parents!!

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Syracuse, high temps, sunny, perfect! My buddy Nicole lives nearby and has a fabulous backyard so I decided to go chill with her. Realizing what a craptastic winter we had, it came to me that I haven't worked out or jogged since October! Usually I'm pretty good at keeping a routine but working seasonally, my man coming home from working out of state, well let's just say the excuses are many, LOL!! So I jogged the 1.5 miles to Nic's place. Only had to stop and walk once!! WOOHOO BEX!! I still got it I thought to myself, so when I got home I went to our onsite gym and worked my ass out for an hour! Came home and ate a salad! Feeling all proud and puffed up about myself.......until this morning. My arms are killing me just typing this blog! Everything is sore as hell!! The funny part is that by looking at me, you'd honestly wonder why? I'm perfectly proportioned for my height, I'm not over weight but I'm not a triscuit a week supermodel skinny, I have a very athletic build! Evidently the muscle I have was still napping and woke up in a snit! Taking today off but hitting that gym again tomorrow damn it so those muscles better realize that nap time is over!!

Alright Faithful Readers, there are beers that need drinking and dinner that unfortunately will not cook itself
(weren't we promised replecators by now???)

Till Next Time,

BEX




No comments: