Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Friday, September 20, 2013

Damn Your Minty Goodness, Tylenol Cold Medicine!!! And Some Other Funny Stuff!

Once again, Faithful Readers, I find myself put on my ass by a nasty cold. About once a year I get knock down sick and it's never fun. I hate being sick. I mean c'mon, yeah nobody likes to get a cold but I get truly messed up when I catch a cold. I can't function in any human way and everything hurts terribly to the point that I just want to sit and cry but that would stuff me up more and the fact that I can't breathe makes me claustrophobic. Yep, this sick thing isn't for me. I wrote a blog maybe 3 years ago when I got sick the last time and as I was taking my shot of Blue Minty Death, Oops I mean Tylenol Cold Medicine, I remembered that blog. Here's a link if you don't remember it. http://bexchaosandcandy.blogspot.com/2010/10/cold-medicine-untapped-fun-or-devil.html

I wasn't lying, being congested and/or stuffed up makes me horribly claustrophobic. I get super anxious when I can't breathe through my nose which makes it really hard to sleep. So I end up snorting nasal spray like a junkie and chasing it with that old familiar demon juice, Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom. Seriously, even after 3 years I can't figure out if that stuff is completely awesome or the darkest shade of pure evil. It kills the symptoms of your cold but it also makes you not care if the house burns down around you either!! I'm serious, once that pretty blue liquid hits your system just hang up what ever you were planning to do because it's not getting done.

So after 2 days of near comatose cold medicine state of mind, I decided today was the day to quit cold turkey and just suck it up! I finally unpacked my work space and organized it :) So that I can better entertain you, Faithful Readers!!


So at least that's finished, finally!!! However, I did not think the whole thing through as of course is my nature. I went balls to the wall, cold med free into this task and never stopped to think of the disaster that would occur after. Yeah, 2 hours of unpacking, sorting, organizing, moving around boxes, I feel like death on a stale cracker! Now, once again, not saying anyone actually likes being sick but for one reason or another when I get sick I get tremendously sick. This doesn't work for someone that is use to being on the hyperactive end of life 24/7, sitting still for two days feeling like this has killed me. I am quite literally sick of being sick! Which leads me to some funny observations......

Did you know that there is actual juice in Orange Juice? Yeah, you can taste it when there's no Vodka in it and let me tell you, it tastes mighty funny without vodka!! I thought it went bad or something! For that matter so does, Sunny Delight, Fruit Punch and Berry Punch.........so I added Vodka and now they taste just fine :)

My mom's best friend brought a small claims lawsuit against a local Dunkin' Donuts because their flavorings didn't list an almond extract and she is highly allergic to almonds thus resulting in one hell of an allergic reaction! She lost the lawsuit because on the bottles of flavoring it says "And Natural Flavorings".

And in other small claims court news, my ex Maverick won his case against me but will receive no compensation as I receive my dead husbands pension. But of course I will receive threatening letters about payment due every few months constituting a wagging of a political finger in my general direction! 

So as you can see the small claims division of our court system works for no one, but is amusing!! 

In other legal news, my 1 year conditional is officially expired and I am now free to smash someone's face in as is my constitutional right! Coincidence, oh I think not!!

New relationship is going well although, it does throw me off a bit. Not entirely use to a relationship, ya know? So there are adjustments as would be expected, nothing bad but actually kind of funny! Think you'll get a kick out of this!

2 days ago he showed up on his lunch break to check up on me because I was beginning my cold. Or that's the reason he gave me and I just figured he forgot something cuz come on, never had that happen before. While he was home on break I mentioned a tea that I like when I am sick. 2 hours later he's calling me to ask exactly what kind of tea it was, uuummmm ? Okay, I think to myself, he's just being super sweet because we are relatively new. Then the next day I was feeling worse than the first day, he once again shows up on his lunch break. This time packing multiple hot soups! 

I panicked. 
Straight, panicked. 

I sent a frantic phone call to my best brother Dave as soon as my love left to head back to work, freaking the hell out, screeching in my sick, congested, Muppet voice!! Panicked, I tell you! "What is the Standard Operational Procedure in this?? Thank you note, gift basket, flowers, a card?? Help me figure this the FUCK out NOW!!!!" 

Dave laughed at me for a solid 5 minutes. Laughed. 

First of all, the fact that I was considering this a situation to completely lose my shit while I'm sick as hell was apparently almost as amusing as Second of all, my complete and utter lack of knowledge on caring adult relationships. So Dave's reply was "Well, usually reciprocating the feeling works fine however, a gift basket would be HILARIOUS!" 

I need to find more girls to hang out with. 

Come to find out there are WWII ruins behind and under my new apartment complex. Yep, there use to be a munitions factory and depot here! I'm still exploring it physically and the history behind it all but here's some cool pix:

That's my roomie in the background getting dragged through the woods with me :)

Also went apple picking with my man and his children and had a blast as usual at his Mom's place!

All in all, life is good despite the massive doses of Tylenol Cold! However my belief in it's ability to cure me has wavered and I think it's just that I'm sick because there is a serious lack of alcohol in my body soooooo.............
CHEERS MATES!!!!

Till Next Time, Faithful Readers.....

BEX THE ALL POWERFUL!!!

No comments: