Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cold medicine, untapped fun or devil juice?

As your probably all well aware, I've been laid up with a nasty cold all week. I'm still pretty sick currently but I think we're on the mend. I'm a huge sissy when I'm sick, complete with tantrums and whining and complaining. Thankfully Mom has been here armed with OJ, tissues and soup. She bought me a cool box of tissues with guitars, music notes and stars on the box. So I've had "Rockstar" tissues through this shitty ass cold! When I started to get sick I bought a bottle of Tylenol Multi Symptom Cold Liquid with Cool Burst Flavor. Let me tell ya, faithful readers, that stuff is nectar from the Gods!! It tastes just like Rumpleminze and knocks you flat on your ass! You all of the sudden don't care if your sick just as long as there's more of that minty goodness in 4 hours! But when you run out of it you suddenly turn into a mint junkie, ready to kill anyone, jonesing and freaking out for more minty fun. So then you find yourself turning to Nyquil. Tastes like a little licorice elf crapped in your mouth. But as Ryan so succinctly put it "the night-time, sniffling, sneezing, wtf am I doing on the bathroom floor medicine" but there's a problem. See if you take more than the half a shot they recommend, suddenly it becomes an amphetamine! At 2 am your sick as hell but scrubbing the fuck out of your house and running around trying to find stuff to do because your eyes are the size of plates, your hands are shaking liking leaves and you gotta gogogogogogo! Yep not liking the Nyquil! Then my Mom came to the rescue with the bottle of Delsym cough liquid. Now Delsym is what my pediatrician recommended all through my childhood. And Dr. Mintz (ironic huh?) was right, it always worked for me. On to the Delsym boat I went. Well it worked pretty decent but it also robs you of the ability to form a half of an intelligent thought that is also coherent! Speaking English becomes impossible and every time you stand up the world tilts viciously! Generally when your sick these are really non-issues because you are sick and not having to deal with anyone. But of course we are talking about my life. In the middle of being knocked on my ass sick and drugged to Hades and back, I get to have in depth, emotionally chaotic, destructive conversations with the would be boyfriend. Did I mention that my head was spinning at the time? I had to call Dave just to translate the conversation for me because not one word made any sense to me at all! And then I got a case of the giggles because all of it suddenly became very absurd and amusing to me. The best way to explain is that all of the sudden my brain just went wwweeeeeeeeeeee and started spinning in circles till it fell down lmao!!

After all these experiences I have made the decision to go cold turkey today. No more cold medicine! While being that high can be fun theoretically, in my life there really isn't a good time for it. Also I have a constant battle with insomnia so a medicine that makes me that wired is really not needed.

Well till next time faithful readers....... wait, do you smell something minty??

BEX!

No comments: