Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Out of Destruction comes Creation

One of the most beautiful things throughout history is that in the wake of great destruction comes great creation. With every war and natural disaster the aftermath is always a great reformation. Every thing becomes more advanced in these periods, engineering, technology and even cultural cooperation even artists seem to find their Muse in these periods of rebuilding. Some of the most amazing works in Art, Music and Literature happen during these transitions. Humanity really is at it's best when we are working together to build something new.

Now while we are keeping that in mind it really is no different for the individual as it is for a society. Bare with me for a moment while I explain this theory.

I'm going to use myself for the main example because it makes for an easier explanation, however I got to actually watch someone else go through this recently and it made for an interesting perspective change.

As in most people's lives there comes a time when it all just becomes too much to take for me. Everything just becomes too much to handle all at once, there's too much turmoil, too much emotion, too many things coming at me all at the same time. As we have all witnessed, Murphy seems to go on these month long trips of meddling in my life. Anything that can go wrong, will go terribly wrong. During these periods I try to laugh through it but eventually if it doesn't let up, I tend to just snap and explode in multiple directions. Generally hitting the people closest to me. For the hardcore "Becky Veterans" it's business as usual. For those not use to this behavior it can be slightly traumatic to watch me systematically destroy every aspect of my life from the inside out. And probably more traumatic is watching the emotional destruction I put myself through during these self destructive moments.

From these nuclear events comes a great rebuilding. After the dust has settled, I can take the time to investigate every aspect of what caused the meltdown and assess the damage. If history is not learned we are doomed to repeat it. Out of this comes the great rebuild of my character to prevent repeating the Chernobyl size calamity. I build on my strengths and learn to shore up my weaknesses. I do not waste my time with self loathing or regrets because this doesn't build a better me. Learning from my mistakes and moving on builds a better me.

It helps to understand the past and your mistakes so that you don't repeat them but it helps more to learn and move on. You can't see where all the mistakes were made but for the mistakes you can see clearly, take those lessons and move on. Let the rest of the past that isn't so clear, go. Let it slide out of your current life or it will cloud your future. Out of self destruction comes the ability for a new beginning, don't waste that chance by living in the past. A new beginning is a universe of possibilities and great hope, to forfeit that chance is a greater crime against yourself.

Till next time faithful readers,
BEX!

No comments: