Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's Complicated and other sayings to escape talking

I often have wondered if some people don't use the phrase "It's Complicated" as some sort of get out of jail free card. Think about it, if someone asks you to explain how come your significant other isn't around you just answer "It's complicated" and no further excuse or explanation is required. If you ask your significant other to explain the boundaries of your relationship, "It's complicated" will usually buy them enough time to escape that conversation by putting something shiny in front of your face!

In fact, "It's complicated" can pretty much get you out of any conversational situation except maybe the police in which case you use the "terrible, explosive diarreah" excuse along with accompanying suitable facial expressions. Do not doubt me, it works. Anyhow, give it a try! Come up with some questions in your head that you just don't want to answer or a fight you know you can't win. Yep "It's complicated" works!

In fact there are quite a few phrases that can buy you some time to make your escape. But you have to have your timing right. Significant other asks a complicated question, answer this way: Baby I love you why are you asking me to explain something as all encompassing as my love for you? Or go this way: Isn't my heart and all my love enough for you (look appropriately sad)? It'll make them back pedal so fast that you can make a clean get away!! "Your making my heart hurt" also works pretty outstanding in making him/her stop whatever flow of conversation your trying to interrupt.

Buddies ask you to go out on friday night and you don't want to go because your tired of being the wingman and taking one for the team, no worries! "Dude can't got something going on with Mom, ya know how that is." As soon as they hear "mom" all guys relate and back down. Then your free to go to another pub that night and use someone else as the wingman, lol! If by chance ya get caught throw out there "that at last minute Mom's club (sewing, bridge, church, etc.) called an emergency get together" and your free. This also works if your boss wants you to stay late also by the way. If you don't have kids use Mom, never fails.

There are other phrases that of course you will want to avoid at any cost in your life. Especially with a partner! Never say "No that's not how it is" when explaining yourself to a significant other! That's how you get to a full blown argument in 1 step or less! "No, your wrong" will do the same thing. "I'm not ready for that kind of commitment" will lead to very raw feelings and a quick break up but when replaced with my handy dandy "Isn't my heart and all my love enough for you (look appropriately sad)?" yep next thing ya know your making out and the scary conversation is over. Oh and please avoid my usual screw up! When someone says I love you, thank you is evidently not an appropriate response, or so I've been told countless times! Don't ever start a conversation with"We need to talk" either. It puts the other person on the defensive and you will be wrong no matter what you say after it.

Well there is my short little spin on that! Use in good faith, friends.
Till next time,
Bex

No comments: