Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Friday, February 4, 2011

Don't dare listen to that iPod while walking and Drug testing

I found this article on Syracuse.com a week ago however, Faithful Readers my life has been a little bendy in the past week so you will please excuse the lateness.

Since 2007 New York State Senator Carl Kruger has been trying to get backing on a law to ban, wait for it.....Texting, talking and listening to iPods while, wait for it........WALKING!

Yes, you read that correctly. A ban on texting, talking and listening to iPods while walking. UUUMMMMMM???? Isn't that one of the main reasons the iPod was invented? Senator Kruger (Yea, I got a chuckle out of that too) is convinced that it's way too dangerous to be doing any of these activities while walking. Talking on a cell phone while walking is endangering yourself and those around you, texting? OMG, you could take out a whole crowd of fellow pedestrians. Listening to tunes while jogging, oh the humanity!! We won't discuss the Chernobyl size calamity you could cause while listening to some tunes!

I have a very obvious question, who is this guy and how the hell has he been around since 2007?? Who's been voting him in?? I'll find you, I will. All of the problems in New York State and this is his main concern? I can't be the only one that wants to go punch this guy in the head.


New York is considering Senate Bill 174 currently. It's a bill to submit Welfare assistance recipients to drug testing to qualify for benefits. If they fail the drug test they're required to undergo drug treatment before eligibility for NYS benefits are reinstated. Senator DeFransisco believes the amount of money we save from people who will not apply for benefits because of their drug habits, those that fail to undergo treatment, and the weeding out of the abusers of the system will in turn pay for the treatment centers and save the State millions.

I back this for 2 reasons. First because it's about time we followed other States precedents in controlling our welfare system. Our welfare system is so easy to abuse it's not even funny and I'm sick and tired of working people in need getting shafted on a legitimate need because the budget was used for trash with 7 kids and no will to work, just to sit around and smoke crack all day.

Second, We the working class have to submit to a drug test to EVEN get a job and alot of employers submit their employees to random drug testing. If we have to go through this to earn a paycheck to feed our families why not ask the same of the people living off of our taxes?? Why is it unfair to ask the same of the bums living off of my money. I know 3 people personally that are addicts living off of the system and do you know what happens when you report them? NOTHING!! The system is too backlogged to do anything, so I say drug test their lazy asses and get them off our dollar! There are jobs here in NY, don't tell me there isn't because when I set my mind to it I found a decent paying job in 24 short freaking hours! There are no more excuses, let's pass this Bill 174 and prove that we as a people in this State will not make any more excuses!!

Till Next Time Faithful Readers,

BEX

No comments: