Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Going local again

Haven't found anything of too much interest in world news lately. GOP debates blah, blah...Conrad Murray trial blah, blah....Greece public uprising blah, blah...Putin and Medvedev to switch political offices blah....wait I called that one!!!! Knew that I was right!!! I love Putin's sneaky monkey butt!! Completely tired of the "Occupy" protesters. Half of them don't even know what they're protesting. And stop protesting in the name of the poor because I am the fucking poor and so far you have made no statements in protest that I would support nor I'm sure would half the general poor public. And what's with the asshole protesters throwing out anti-Jew remarks?? Yep, you guys didn't have me onboard to begin with but after that you really lost me. But hey this is America and it's good to see protesting for change, even if their unsure of what changes they want.

Singer Toby Keith's restaurant "I Love This Bar & Grill" is coming to Destiny/Carousel Penitentiary, oops I mean Mall. Sorry, after that hideous expansion was put on it reminds me of a prison. Hell, even our prisons in CNY look better than the job they did on that mall! So this restaurant is slated to bring it's twist on Southern fare and live music to Syracuse when the expansion opens in Spring 2012. However Destiny spokespeople are saying that some stores in the new expansion area could be open by holiday time this year. Yep, sure. Just like Melting Pot was supposed to be in there by Summer. I stopped believing these people last Spring when it was "almost completed". Out of curiosity I went on the "I Love This Bar & Grill" website. The prices are crazy, outrageous!! $10.50 for a chicken sandwich, $8.50 for a fried bologna sandwich, 6oz sirloin for $15.50? Oh hell no. Sorry Toby but after New York puts tax on the bill, I don't think you will get many repeat customers. Not at those prices. Not to mention the fact that your not as novel as say, Margarittaville or well anyone for that matter. I give the place 3-4 months, tops.

A CNY native is shopping a pilot TV series set in and about Syracuse area. "Upstate" is reportedly a sitcom about a working family dealing with plant closings and economic issues (see: Roseanne and every other damn sitcom about a family since the dawn of television). I live in Syracuse and trust me when I say that I will not be signing up to watch this drivel. There's nothing funny about living in a city where your best hope of a job is the local fast food joint, high taxes, high crime and economic depression. But Bex, you say, this will lead to the creation of jobs for our area. Except that casting calls aren't even being done locally, they plan on shooting footage of the area for the opening and some cut away shots and then it will be shot on a sound stage NOT in CNY. Exploitation at it's best.

I usually love the news. Lately I have found it at best, tedious. Then again it may just be my frame of mind interfering with my view on the world in general. There have been allot of changes in my life, all for the better but still changes. And if anything I am a creature of habit, I don't like my schedule disrupted. I'm happy readers. Happy with every aspect and that is a nice change of pace.

Well I'd love to say that I have something witty and clever to add to this post but I really don't so why drag it out?

Till Next Time,
BEX

No comments: