Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas,Boys not Men and stupid crap NY State does

Ok back to my usual no nonsense way of looking at the world, Faithful Readers!

Christmas changed for me somewhere down the line. I was that kid that was up at 4 am waiting for 6 am to come because that was the designated earliest time Dad would allow. It didn't matter how much was under the tree but somehow my parents always spoiled the hell out of me at Christmas. My whole family did. I guess I've become an Adult in some ways. Because I tell everyone not to get me presents, mostly because I am a single mom and I can't afford to get everyone gifts. But it's more that that. I am honestly happy just being able to spend an evening with my friends, hanging out with everyone is gift enough for me. I like seeing everyone happy and joking around and that is enough present for me. These quiet moments in the morning and late at night, I sit alone in the living room and the apartment is all mine I get to look at my Christmas Tree. The past 2 years have been financially bad and Christmas was no exception so I haven't had my usual decorations. But this year I could and that to me is my Merry Christmas. Seeing my tree all decorated pretty, with my shiny pink, purple and green balls and our special ornaments that are indicitive of our differing personalities. That makes me happy, really really. I'm almost sad that it will end and I'll have to take it down because my living room looks so nice!

Enough with the happy. Recently as all have been aware, I went on a mission to find me a relationship. Those that know me well enough, you will rejoice in the knowledge that I have thrown this mission in the trash where it belongs! Seriously, enough of that bullshit I'm so insanely over that crap. I know that Big Dave, Fred, Dave, Garcia and Darius will have something to say as soon as I post this once they read this little blurb that I'm about to write. I tried to present a more demure, less aggressive, cuddlier Bex in my quest for a significant other(Yep gonna catch Hell for that one line) But do you know what that got me? That got me 3 different sets of games being played, 1 ass monkey that truly underestimated how much I see through bullshit, blown off by 2 different guys and 1 idiot savant stalker. Really?? Seriously?? Now I admit that I brought a lot of this on myself by trying to be a subdued Bex, so in the general pool of twats that I had I could understand how they would make the mistake of thinking that I was just another girl like any other. But little do they know, I'm not. I'm Bex. Here's what I've discovered in my undercover work (that's what we're deluding ourselves into believing this was) I discovered that in the demographic of men on dating sites and in the general public ages 25-40, there are actually no men at all. It's all boys, not men. Finding Men in this demographic is equivalent to finding the golden ticket! There's the one group of boys that say they're looking for the a relationship but they treat every female like a trick, the group that's out to find someone but can't help playing head games, the group that wants to ask about marriage on the first date, the group that would love to meet you but then never make plans to, and the group that sees the potential in a girl and then promptly runs away. How does anyone find someone in that hot mess?? This whole demographic is nothing but a bunch of boys playing little boy games with no respect for themselves or anyone else. I don't have time for all that crap. I think I'm happier writing snarkey, cynical crap about all of you couples rather than trying to join your ranks!

Stupid crap that New York State does, or why my dead ex-husband is getting notices at my address. Now I'm sure this happens in every state but I live in NY and this happened here. A few months ago I got a letter from NYS Child Support Enforcement stating that after 4 years they were going after my ex-husband full force for support. I called and left a message on their little hot line and then sent them an email notifying them of Michael's death. 2 weeks later I got another letter from them stating that they would update their records and then I notice that they sent a letter addressed to Michael. In the letter they tell him basically that he owes $5,000 in support and this is unacceptable however your deceased so we'll let it go. Yesterday I get a letter to Michael notifying him that the warrant and lien against him is being dismissed because he's deceased! So let's all get this straight in our heads and try to make sense of this. NYS is notifying a DEAD guy that he owes child support but they're dismissing it because he's DEAD and they're notifying the DEAD guy by mail. Congratulations tax payers, there's your money! And it's not like this is a one time thing, this has gone on for months!

Till next time Faithful Readers,

BEX

No comments: