Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mitt Romney's a Superhero and other absurdity

HA! I had to laugh the short, staccato laugh of utter disbelief when I saw Romney on the news with his whole "They will not have nuclear weapons" speech. It was one of those moments when I had to shake my head and wonder where the hell the guy was that's hired to keep candidates from saying stupid things. From the AFP: "If we re-elect Barack Obama, Iran will have a nuclear weapon. And if we elect Mitt Romney, if you elect me as the next president, they will not have a nuclear weapon," he said at a foreign policy debate with his rivals.

Is Mitt going to swoop in dressed in tights and a cape and stop the big bad Iranians from going through with their evil plan??

I love Republican's, I'm a Republican. However, Mitt Romney is following the guidelines specifically set aside for how to lose a campaign. I don't particularly care for Romney, I'm digging Perry but come on Mitt!! Your killing my Political Party. With as much dissension and unhappiness as the American people are showing publicly, you'd think that Mitt would concern himself with smaller more immediate and easily accomplished campaign promises. We don't want big promises that will take you 4 freaking years to accomplish! We want jobs and a stable economy, we want our Country restored to it's high international standing, we want to stay out of War for the first time in 10 years. This is what the public is crying out for and it's about time someone listened. Now I do NOT support the "Occupy" movement at all but what I do support is protest and it angers me that we reacted to the Middle East protests so fast and ignore the protests happening on our own streets. Listen to the people and set your campaign to their tone. All you do when you make these big promises is further the growing gap between you and the public.

Hang up the cape Mitt, your going to get sucked into a turbine. Just ask Edna Mode.

I feel dumber after watching one of those segments on how to create a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner complete with decorative name places on autumn leaves held up by Acorns. You see these little Martha Stewart blurbs on every show starting November 1st. Who the hell has the money, time and stamina to do all that?? Ya know how you know Thanksgiving is at my house? You smell the turkey in the hall before you get to my door. We don't have space for decorations because every inch is covered in food! I want to meet these people that spend a month collecting acorns and hot glueing them to leaves, I want to know these people exist and I want to know what drives them into holiday insanity. Who the hell are these people??? Considering the year that I've had, my holiday season is resigned to a small affair for the kids and that's all. Thanksgiving you will find me on the couch drinking beer and watching football. Tell me when dinners ready and I'll get up and eat.

Alright that's what is on my mind today, till next time...

BEX