Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Monday, May 9, 2011

Love

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind."
— William Shakespeare (A Midsummer Night's Dream)

That is a very profound statement. And difficult to accomplish sometimes. It's not in our nature to look deeper than what we see on the outside, as humans we take everything at face value. I believe that to truly embrace love you have to look at what's inside a person. You have to love the person inside and take the time to find the beauty inside rather than what you see on the outside. If your just looking at the outside or the negative actions than your not in love, you will be disappointed again and again.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Instead of judging the person that you share your life with or constantly reminding them of bad things that they've done, try to put it in the past and say "I still love you." because allot of times when someone is acting out or getting out of control it's because they're crying out for you to love them. It comes from an insecurity and as a partner you need to reinforce the positive. If you feed into the negative than negativity is all that you will receive and the cycle will never cease. If like me, your a positive supporter than it's crushing when you don't get that in return. Do unto others and all that jazz.

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it"
— Nicholas Sparks (A Walk to Remember)

I know someone that doesn't believe in love. He thinks that it's just being comfortable with someone, consistency. I disagree but it's difficult to argue the obscure, it would be much easier to hold up something tangible and say "This is love". We each have a different description of Love. But just because you can't touch it doesn't mean that you can't open your heart to feel it. Love for me, is the completeness that I feel when he's near me, the pride that I feel when he accomplishes a goal, the emptiness that I feel when he's not here, looking into his eyes and seeing the beautiful person in there, the thrill of touching his skin, the way he takes my breath away just by being. That for me is Love. Love is emotion in it's purest most unadulterated form. You can't see it or explain it or touch it, it just is. You have to accept it blindly.

" The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Christian, Moulin Rouge


Just open your heart to love. Love someone and accept their love, don't let it pass you by. Life is too short to not love and let the people in your life know that you love them. Hug them and tell them that you love them today before it's too late and the opportunity is gone forever.

BEX

No comments: