Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Meals and Sarah Palin

It's been awhile since I last blogged mostly because nothing really caught my attention recently. That is until yesterday.


San Francisco put a ban on toys offered at fast food restaurants where the kid's meals have more than 600 calories. But it's not the first place to do this, Santa Clara County also banned the toys in these meals this past spring. Their theory is that if you take the toys out of these meals it will not persuade the child to get the rather unhealthy meal. A Happy Meal with a burger, fries, and small drink is 640 calories and that is almost half the daily caloric intake for the average 8 year old. Now I have 2 points of contention on their actions. First, why is it okay for a branch of government to dictate what comes in my kid's meals. Isn't that suppose to be the parents job? Child obesity is a direct result of bad parenting and pure 100% laziness. C'mon we as a people are not so ignorant to think that meals from McDonalds are actually healthy! If you claim that fast food got you fat you should be shot in the head or at the very least not ever allowed to breed. Parents that feed their children nothing but fast food should have penalties placed on them but parents that teach their kids that things like fast foods and snacks are treats for use only occasionally should not have their children punished by taking the toy away. Second point, Do they honestly believe that taking the toy away is going to make these kids ask for the apple slices and milk instead of fries and a soda? I asked my son Ian this question and he laughed at me. Here was his answer "If you got me the apples and milk instead the normal meal I would ask you what I did to get punished." Good answer huh? Kids want burgers and fries. Who doesn't occasionally like Burgers and fries? The key word is "OCCASIONALLY", you can not use these fast food joints as daily sustenance. I am terrified as a member of a democratic society that because people are making poor individual choices that the Government will have to step in and start making my choices for me. This is continually happening. Look at the Soda Tax they wanted to inflict upon us here in NY. I refuse to pay a tax on something because some fat ass believes it's ok to wash down that McDonalds meal with a soda. I very rarely drink soda! Why should I be punished when I buy one 12oz soda that lasts me 2 days? If they really insist on these measures then here is my solution. Scales in stores and fast food joints. If you get on that scale and your obese then you get taxed extra if your kid gets on that scale and they are obese no toy, fries or soda for them AND the parent gets taxed for being an asshole. You have all heard me say this a million times so here is time million and one: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! YOU are personally responsible for the children YOU brought into this world, YOU are personally responsible for YOUR health. Don't blame the restaurants you weak minded fool! The CEO of McDonalds isn't taping your kid to a chair forcing cheeseburgers down their throat, YOU took them there, YOU ordered the food, YOU let them eat it and YOU taught them these deplorable eating habits! It's just as easy to go home and make a low fat wrap or sandwich. These days with all the food alternatives and support groups out there there is no reason for this to be an issue except pure 100% laziness. Good old fashioned exercise and good eating habits get the job done.


Sarah Palin. I could write novels based on this woman for the rest of my life. She is a satirists political wet dream. Earlier this week there was a blurb on Yahoo News about how the GOP's main agenda was to get rid of Sarah Palin, I wonder if now that Carl Paladino is free if they will hire him to "take her out"! I say let her hang around because she is always good for a laugh. On the TLC Network she has an 8 week tv special coming up called "Sarah Palin's Alaska" I wonder if she will show us Russia from her backyard? During the commercials for this show she is seen hiking mountains, dog sledding, skinning fish, NOT getting eaten by a bear while fishing and then it cuts to her in front of the camera and she says "This is where I want to be outdoors, free to adventure not in a stuffy old political office." THANK FUCKING GOD!!! Sarah finally came to her damn senses! She has become the worst example of Reality Star yet. Her kid Bristol is always in the news for something stupid or on Dancing With the Stars, her baby daddy Levi is now on every Hollywood invitation, now she, Sarah, is on a reality show about Alaska. Really?? Seriously?? Who are these people? Then today on CNN they did a poll on who you'd like to see run for President in the 2012 elections. Guess who was in the top 5? Yep you got it, Mrs. Palin! Who the hell did that poll, deaf mutes? I think we should just set Sarah up as host of her own show on CNN, it gives all the comedy people time to hear her say dumb things and our Government will be safe from her. C'mon Spitzer got his own show and all he did was diddle a hooker, he was actually a decent politician. Sarah is a hot mess, protect the United States Government and give her a damn show. Let's see if we can't get a second season out of that TLC special if anything to give that bear a second chance at eating the goofy broad.

Till next time faithful readers,

BEX!

No comments: