Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

International readers, Dating sites, drug addicts, spell check and what's new in my life

I've had like 8 ideas for new blogs but my time has been taken up in the past week with a whole lot of new stuff. I apologize Faithful Readers, I promise not to leave you hanging again! I also would love to give a great big shout out to my International Readers! Love that you guys are reading my quirky little thoughts a whole world away and that you find me amusing. So LOTS of LOVE to Russia, Singapore, Denmark, France, Germany and The Netherlands!! Drop me a line guys and we shall chat! I did however notice that my International people fall off the grid when I talk about politics, you should read that stuff guys it's my best stuff!!

Dating Sites. Always swore I would never go on one but recently thought "Why not?" It's not like I don't pick my share of psycho's already. And at least on a dating site you can kinda screen the psycho's. Here are 2 things that I can't wrap my brain around about these sites. 1) If I wouldn't give you the time of day in the real world because your old enough to be my father and/or look at least 2nd generation inbred, why do you think it's okay to stalk me on a website and continually ask me out after I've shot you down multiple times already? I'll admit I'm new to this so that just might be dating site protocol, but no not so much. 2)Why does the site keep giving me "Scientific Matches" that have zero in common with me? I don't think I would have an enjoyable date with a 7ft Muslim non smoker, non drinker that listens to polka music and knits in his spare time. What Fucking Science are they using?? And how come that Science was never offered as a course in school? I do have to say that I've had some luck with the site, so we shall see.

Had to go for a drug test for my new job and at one point you have to lock all your loose stuff in this weird little lock box. On top of the box in great big red letters it says "Don not place drugs in box!" So of course I had to ask the girl if anyone ever actually brought drugs to the drug test and if they indeed tried to put them in the lock box. She started regaling me with drug addict stories! Couldn't believe it! Then I met a new friend who is a Corrections Officer (Quit laughing I did not meet him in jail!) Any way, he asked me if I use illegal substances. after answering I asked if anyone were actually dumb enough to answer yes knowing his occupation and ya know what, he said yes. Not gonna lie because it would be useless considering most of you know me, yes I've been known to do my fair share of recreational pharmaceuticals but never in all that time did it occur to me to bring my drugs to a drug test or to tell a Corrections Officer for the fuck of it. So I pose the question to you, are Drug addicts getting dumber?

Nothing drives me more insane on the Web then someone that can't spell. Yes I am picky about spelling, grammar and punctuation I always have been. But the thing that annoys me is that the computer your using an guaranteed the websites themselves all have Spell Check option. Hell even on here a little red line will magically appear should I misspell. World,here is my heart filled request to you: Use the FUCKING SPELL CHECK YOU LAZY SOD! Thank you. And one more thing. STOP spelling like you never went to school a day in your life! I hate it when people spell Phonetically, seriously?? Dictionary.com is free, there's an app for it and everything. It takes just as much time to be intelligent as it does to be stupid, all I'm asking for is a bit of effort here people. There's already enough stupidity in the Universe, ask yourself "do I really want to add the stupid cloud in the air?" Okay now I'm done.

You've already gotten the hint that I'm dating again. No I'm not sure why I'm doing it other than it seemed like a fun idea at the time. Yes I realize that I fail at dating in a very epic way every time but hell it's amusing me and I always like new people in my life, they are fun to play with. I also started a new job and there are a couple funny points to that. I went into the interview kind of half assed because all I wanted was a part time stock person job, well half way through they informed me that they would not hire me for that position. Instead I walked out the new Storeroom/Inventory Manager. Now that's twice I've gone for the bullshit job and ended up in charge, Damn it how the hell do you get the job with the least amount of responsibility? Now here's the funny part. Everyone that I talked to was being a bit vague on my job description and/or duties, so last night I asked the other Manager. Evidently my position is a real management position however, they've never filled it before so no one knows what my job is. I have a position with no description, I find that very fitting to my whole life. For the next few weeks I'm just a stock person with a cool title. It is going well though, I like it so far. Working 3rd shift nights has advantages, no uniform, no people and I can listen to my iPod. I like this job! It is however kicking my ass. Didn't realize how woefully out of shape I was. next few weeks of doing this is gonna get me right back into fighting condition. Lol, why pay to join a gym when I can get a job! And I'm enjoying being out of the house. Don't get me wrong, taking the summer off was worth it and I had a blast but I've gotten really bored in the past month or so. Time to make changes.

I was just texting Dave and his shoe laces broke. He made a comment about putting it in the blog because of all the other topics I was hitting on. I just got home from work, I'm beat. So he mentions the laces breaking and the first thing I thought of was "Dave's broken shoe laces, coincidence or metaphor for a broken life?" his answer was "Difficulties knot tying or deep seated commitment issues?" I find it hilarious that neither one of us just went with damn the shoe lace broke period end of story. No we went the complicated, this is a sign from God route. It's a fucking shoe lace for god's sake! I'm amused at our ability to read into anything. Given his current state of four corner drama though it's not surprising that we would see strange goings on in the most mundane of mishaps.

Well Faithful Readers I hope that you've enjoyed this exhausted rambling of mine, cause I know I have.

Till next time,
BEX!!

No comments: