Welcome to the 7th level of Hell!!

This is a spot for my thoughts, musings, observations. If your offended by my words than please feel free to never visit again. However if you enjoy the strange happenings of my life and weird way my mind works I personally invite with a warm little cyber hug to join me again and again on my journey!

Bex

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Organized religion

Was actually going to blog about this yesterday but I was sick and my mind was entirely else where. Have had two things kind of annoy me this week.

I don't really have anything against organized religion. It's just not my choice. I'm not comfortable with the doctrines and teachings and I'm most definitely not ok with all the restrictions. If your God is such an all loving God than why all the rules? And don't you think that because times have changed we could come up with some more modern rules? There isn't anything in the 10 commandments about molesting children or smoking crack and beating your family half to death. Shouldn't this be in there somewhere? It has to be possible to update this stuff, I mean hell the Catholic church has changed it's stance on so much other crap through history repeatedly. I readily and whole heartedly admit that organized religion is excellent for some people BUT IT'S NOT FOR ALL PEOPLE!!!! Stop pushing your beliefs on me. I applaud your devotion and faith, I am happy that something good has happened in a positive direction for you. But just because it's good for some doesn't mean it's good for all. I have faith and devotion in my beliefs, maybe as much as you do in yours maybe not but you have never once seen me write about those beliefs because that is mine and I feel no reason at all to put that in the universe unless you ask me. I will never shove my beliefs down someone else's throat repeatedly just for the sake of being right. Who's to say which belief or religion is right? Is it up to you? Is it up to the priests? Ministers? Rabbi's? Shouldn't it be up to a higher power? And don't you think that a reasonable Higher Power would look at everyone and realize the good and evil within that person based on their soul and not what's written in a 2000 yr old novel? Don't you think an omnipotent Higher Power would appreciate a person speaking directly to them without feeling it necessary to enter some pretentiously decorated building? Why wouldn't the Higher Power be able to hear me outside of a mosque, temple or church? I will tell you though, one thing I do believe with all my heart is that none of the organized religions have it all right and boy are they gonna be disappointed when they're standing in the omnipotent presence and realize how far off they were. That thought always gives me a good giggle. The other thing that makes me laugh heartily besides the Jehova's Witnesses and the Mormons are the people that constantly ask me "Have you found Jesus yet?" I wasn't aware he was missing! And considering the high latino community I'm pretty sure I can find you a "Jesus" rather easily. But to answer this question, no I haven't found him because he wasn't missing in my world. Sorry to disappoint but I've never misplaced my faith, my car keys and my purse I lose on a regular basis but my faith I've never lost. But again what I believe is mine and not yours. Shouldn't a person's happiness and quality of life count more than anything to you rather than your need to conform them to your belief system? Please leave me out of your quest for self satisfaction as I am not even slightly interested in your recruiting mission. Stop trying your guerilla tactics with me by posting this stuff all over my websites. Please be considerate enough to realize that your beliefs are not mine and I have no wish to share.

Till next time faithful readers.......
Bex

No comments: